This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, is Beach Reads Week. This is a favorite of mine because I’m a total beach bum. And my favorite beach activity is reading while laying in the beautiful sunlight. So, this week’s topic has a few options and I’m going to try to touch on all of them; top ten great beach reads, top ten book I plan to read on the beach, top ten not typical beach reads, or top ten authors to read on the beach.
1 )Janet Evanovich – She’s one of my favorite authors. Her books are all hilarious. They’re the perfect beach reads that will have people staring at your hysterical laughter.
2) The Belgariad & The Malloreon by David Eddings – This was a series that I recently finished. While it’s definitely not a typical beach read, they’re certainly books you can spend a few hours getting totally lost in.
3) The Last Vampire Series by Christopher Pike – If I’m being honest, I’m a sucker for a good vampire series and this definitely was. Another that’s not a typical beach read but the story will take you far away from the beach.
4) Nora Roberts – Anything by Nora is always good. Her romance novels are great beach reads that have me cracking up like a crazy person.
5) The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – I’m stealing one from Antonia’s TTT. This was an amazing series, and while it’s not a typical beach read I would read it at the beach anyway.
6) Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima – I’ve read this series once before, and the next series just came out, so this is a series I’m planning to read at the beach this summer.
7) Talon Series by Julie Kagawa – This is a series filled with action and adventure. The next book in the series just came out, so I definitely plan on reading this book at the beach very soon.
8) The 5th Wave Series – The third and final book just came out, The Final Star. I’m going to be reading this at the beach as soon as possible.
9) Newsoul Series by Jodi Meadows – I read this series a few years ago and its really stuck with me. Ill be trying to read it again this summer on the beach.
10) John Green – Any of the books he has written are good beach reads. While some of them might make you bawl your eyes out in public, they’re all fantastic books.
These are my top ten this week. I love to read on the beach so this one was very fun for me.