Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post where we give our top ten choices on different topics, hosted by THE BROKE AND THE BOOKISH. This week’s topic is top ten books that you picked up on a whim. The books that weren’t recommended, but picked up without knowing a lot about them. Anyway, here’s my top ten.
- Spelled by Betsy Schow – I picked this book up entirely because I liked the way the cover looked. I’m glad I did because I enjoyed this story a lot.
- Thirst series by Christopher Pike – I picked this series up years and years ago because it was about vampires and who doesn’t love a good vampire series. It took me a few years to actually take them off my shelves and read them, but once I did I was very glad. This series was so awesome. I was surprised at how much I liked these books.
- My Friend Leonard by James Frey – I picked this book up again based on the cover. I’d read something by him before, so I didn’t even read the back before I bought it.
- Talon by Julia Kagawa – She’s another author I’d read before. The cover of this book was very interesting and when I read the description and saw dragons I knew I had to buy them.
- The Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset – The title of this book intrigued me, then when I read the description it mentioned a town that I used to live close to, along with the faerie aspect of the story. It was a no brainer.
- Legend series by Marie Lu – I bought this series on my phone to read. I love a good dystopian series.
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows – This was a book that I got from the library. Another that I picked because I liked the pretty cover. The story was amazing and so unique.
- Embrace by Jessica Shirvington – Another library find, the description mentioned a growing tattoo and that hooked me.
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellairra – Okay so I guess I have a problem with picking books based on their pretty covers. This was another one from the library that pulled me in with its pretty cover.
- The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis – Once again, the library has my back with the good books. I picked this one up because the author’s name, then I read the description and went home with it.
These are my top ten, that were harder to come up with then I thought. What are your top ten?
Keep on reading lovelys, Amanda.