Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s prompt is “Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim (however you decide to interpret that (bought or read or something else) — I know most people read based on recommendation but we want to know those books you picked up without really hearing about or knowing much about!)”.
This one was actually fairly simple for me because more often than not, I tend to pick up books randomly rather than on recommendation. Here’s my top ten:
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout- I’m weirdly obsessed with all things obsidian; don’t ask why, I have no idea how it started. So when I happened to see this title at Barnes and Noble I had to pick it up. Since the description sounded fun and unique I bought it and had Amanda and I almost immediately regretting the fact we didn’t have the rest of the series.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass- I saw this one several times before I finally got it from the library. I just couldn’t get over the pretty dresses.
- The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima- This is another one I’d seen at the library a couple times before I finally got around to getting it. I loved it so much I had to take emergency trips to two different libraries to get the rest of the series.
- Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George- I saw the cover with the beautiful dress and all the snow and I was curious. Then found it was about a not so well-known folktale and I had to get it immediately.
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith- I’d seen the title a few times and couldn’t help but be curious. When I finally got it from the library I loved it and proceeded to get the rest of her books.
- Enchanted by Alethea Kontis- This is another that I saw at the library and got mostly because I needed something to read. I was happy to find it was a crazy mashup of dozens of fairy tales.
- Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier– This was another instance where I have no self control when it comes to pretty dresses. The time travel was just a nice perk.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore- I was caught by the title, then the cover, then the description and now it’s one of my favorite books.
- The Outstretched Shadow by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory- This is actually one I’ve owned for years that I sort of just inherited from my brother’s collection. I’m not even entirely sure now why I decided to read it but it’s still my all time favorite series.
- It’s in His Kiss by Julia Quinn- I never really expected to like this book. It was something I grabbed from the library because I couldn’t find anything else I felt like reading that day. Now she’s one of my favorite authors and I’ve read every single one of her books.
So these are my top ten. Let me know your list or link to your own post in the comments. Thanks for reading.