I have been waiting for this Top Ten Tuesday. For those of you who don’t know, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s prompt is top ten recommendations to X person. It could be a family member, a friend, a specific group of people, etc. I chose my boyfriend, Max. He’s not as avid a reader as me or Amanda, but he does read some. However, I would love to get him to expand into some of the books I enjoy because, let’s face it; we all want to share our book families with every person we know.
1. The Obsidian Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory- Mostly because this is hands down my favorite series and I want everyone in the world to read it. Most people I know who read aren’t really into fantasy so much, but Max read and really liked Game of Thrones, so I’m hoping he’ll eventually agree to read this series.
2. The BFG by Roald Dahl- This one technically includes every book by Dahl but The BFG has always been my favorite and I think he’ll enjoy the humor of this book more than some of the others.
3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis- I’m actually not sure if he’s already read this or not… If he hasn’t then that’s a tragic mistake I’m going to have to correct as soon as possible.
4. The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist- I loved these books. I think Max might really like them. They have a little bit of everything you could find in fantasy.
5. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton- This is such a guy book and the scifi is right up his alley.
6. The Xanth series by Piers Anthony- I think these books would make him laugh. They have a little bit of everything.
7. The Dragon Jousters by Mercedes Lackey- Another one of my favorites by her.
8. Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead- This book might be a little on the girl side but there’s a lot of scifi in it that I think he might like.
9. The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien- It’s the history of middle earth and I believe anyone who claims to be a LotR fan should read it.
10. What Happens in London by Julia Quinn- This book is on the list solely because I believe every man should read a trashy romance novel at least once in their life. This is my go to book when I introduce romance novels to someone.
These are my picks and I hope Max eventually reads them all. Who would you recommend books to if you could?