Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten words/topics that instantly make you buy/pick up a book.
1. Drugs- I always enjoy books that are about drugs because I’ve always wanted to know what they’d be like to try, but I’d never actually do them. And I kind of get to experience it.
2. Murder- I love murder mystery books. They’re all good. They’re all exciting and suspenseful and I love them all.
3. Car Accident- Most young adult books that have car accidents involved are exciting books and can generally keep my interest.
4. Paranormal- Like vampires, fairies, werewolves, etc. I like a lot of young adult paranormal fiction books. Twilight started the paranormal interest and now I have to pick it up to see if it sounds like it’ll be good.
5. Memoirs- It’s not all memoirs. It’s really only young adult-ish memoirs about crazy drugs and babies and stupid shit they did when they were young.
6. Irish- I will read anything about hot Irish guys.
7. Love- I adore romance novels and I love falling in love with the handsome man that the main character does.
8. City- Books with setting in the city. I live in a kind of small town, sheltered area and I’d love to live in the city. So reading books that take place there kind of give me a glimpse of the city I don’t have.
9. Boarding Schools- This is another that gives me a glimpse of a life I didn’t live. I always thought it would be so cool to go to a boarding school.
10. Reincarnation- I’m adding this one because they usually involve lots of sappy love and romance things. And they almost always end happy. And I love getting to see the love go through each life time.
These are mine. Let me know what yours are.
Keep on reading lovelys, Amanda.