It’s Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is your top ten favorite books from before you were a blogger. It was very hard to choose. These are mine in a very vague order of preference though it’s pretty much just one giant tie.
1. Beastly by Alex Flinn- I adore this book. I’ve read it too many times to count. I think a lot of it is my obsession with Beauty and the Beast. I always related to Belle as a character. Flinn does an amazing modern adaptation of the fairytale.
2. The Obsidian Mountain Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory- I’ve also read these books too many times to count. I love what they’ve created; the world, the characters, the culture. I think these books will remain on my favorites list until I die.
3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer- I love this book. Wanda is probably my favorite female lead ever. But the main reason I love this book so much is Ian. I’ve talked about how much I love him in my review of this book and my last Top Ten Tuesday. I’m not sure if there are actually words I can use to describe my feelings for him and this book.
4. Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon- Acheron has always been my favorite character in the Dark-Hunters series. His book absolutely blew me away. I couldn’t put it down. I pretty much bawled my eyes out for the first half of the book. But it’s okay because I laughed my ass off for the second half.
5. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini- I loved these books. The amount of detail and the complexity of the plot made them books that just pull you in so fast you don’t come up for air until they’re over.
6. Slightly Dangerous by Mary Balogh- I love adaptations of classics. I’m not actually sure if this was meant to be an adaption of Pride and Prejudice but it reminds me of it so much. Wulfric is amazing and I adore him.
7. The BFG by Roald Dahl- This will forever be one of my favorite books. Ive loved it since my third grade teacher read it to my class. I recently did a school project on Dahl and it reminded me of what an amazing man he was and how much I love his books. There isn’t a single one of his books I didn’t like but this was my favorite.
8. Take a Thief by Mercedes Lackey- I loved this book. Reformed thief? Fucking awesome.
9. The Riftwar Saga by Robert E. Feist- I can’t describe how much I loved this series. I couldn’t just pick one as my favorite because they’re all fantastic and they all have different aspects that I like. They literally have EVERYTHING in them.
10. When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James- Another Beauty and the Beast adaptation. Yes, I know I have an obsession. But it’s only a little one. The beast in this book isn’t an actual beast. He’s a doctor and he’s pretty much exactly like House. I love him. It was a great twist to the story.
Here are my favorites. What are yours?