It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is your top ten books that you recommend the most. Here are mine (in no particular order):
1. Beastly by Alex Flinn- I can’t even explain how much I love this book. It’s a wonderful story and I think it really captures what the fairytale is meant to teach.
2. The Shack by William P. Young- I don’t usually read religious books. My beliefs are my own and I think everyone’s entitled to their own beliefs. Though this book is very religious, it’s a very intense, makes you think kind of book. I loved it.
3. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien- I recommend the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, too, but The Hobbit is lighter and funnier than its sequel. I truly believe Tolkien is one of the best writers that ever published a book.
4. Anything by Julia Quinn- Yeah, I know I’m kind of cheating by listing a bunch of books, but everything by her is great. You will literally find yourself laughing out loud reading her books.
5. The Host by Stephenie Meyer- I’ve already gushed about how much I love this book. Wanda is one of the most amazing characters I’ve ever read about.
6. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead- As much as I loved the Vampire Academy series, it doesn’t hold a candle to how much I love the Bloodlines books.
7. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher- This isn’t the usual type of book I read. It’s really intense and sad, but I think it deals with important issues that people tend not to talk about.
8. The Outstretched Shadow by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory- This is hands down, my all-time favorite series. Lackey and Mallory are amazing when they work together. These books have everything in them; action, humor, love, loss, right vs. wrong. There’s nothing I can say that could do these books justice.
9. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks- This is my favorite book by Sparks. The movie was good but, like usual, not as good as the book. If you like Nicholas Sparks, you should definitely read this one.
10. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green- This is the only book I’ve read by Green. I absolutely loved it. The characters are quirky and absolutely hilarious.
This is my list. Most of them fall under my favorite books category, but a few are just books that had a memorable impact on me that I’d like to share with everyone else. What are yours?