It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the top ten books on your to be read list for spring of 2013. Here are mine, only very generally in order of how I’ll end up reading them.
1. Eona by Alison Goodman– I just finished reading Eon and really liked it. I’m really curious to see where all these characters are going and how this series ends.
2. When Darkness Falls by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory– This is the third book in the Obsidian Trilogy. It’s my favorite series; I love the characters and the world they live in. These are books I can read over and over again and I generally read them about once a year. Since I’ve already read them, I tend to gradually mix them in with other new books I’m reading. I’d like to finish the trilogy before I start Crown of Vengeance.
3. Crown of Vengeance by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory– This is the first in their new trilogy set in the world of the Obsidian Trilogy. Lackey and Mallory’s second collaboration was a trilogy set a thousand years after the events of the Obsidian Trilogy. This new trilogy takes place a thousand years before. I’m really excited to read more in depth into things that were referenced in the first and second series.
4. Half Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout– I love the Lux series and this one looks really interesting. I’m planning on getting it from the library soon.
5. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima– I read the Seven Realms series and really liked it. This series is slightly more contemporary and I’m really curious to see how she handles that.
6. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa– I really liked the Iron Fey series. I bought this book when it first came out and never actually read it. Amanda read it a few months ago and she really liked it so I’m going to try to read it soon.
7. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien– I don’t think I have words to possibly explain this one. I have, however, been meaning to reread it in honor of the movies.
8. Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts– This book hasn’t come out yet, but this is a spring list so I think it still counts. I love Nora Roberts. End of Story.
9. Towering by Alex Flinn– Also hasn’t come out yet. I have such a thing for fairy tales. Especially modern adaptations of them and Flinn is the best for that.
10. Once Upon A Tower by Eloisa James– Speaking of fairy tale adaptations, James does a FANTASTIC trashy romance version of them. I can’t wait for her newest one.
What are yours?