It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is your top ten authors on your auto-buy list (you buy their books without question).
1. Julia Quinn– She writes regency era romance novels. As far as plot goes, they can be really corny and clichéd but they are absolutely hilarious. The type of books where you’ll be reading in public somewhere and just crack up laughing.
2. Nora Roberts– I can’t say I’ve read every one of her books. She’s written so many I can’t even keep track. But I’ve read most of them and I always look for new books she’s writing.
3. Sherrilyn Kenyon– I’ve never read a book by her that I didn’t like. Her Dark-Hunter series is my favorite.
4. Stephenie Meyer– If you ignore all the controversy and all the vampire love story clichés, Meyer really is a great writer. If/when she publishes another book, I’m definitely buying it.
5. Christopher Paolini– The Inheritance Cycle was phenomenal. I absolutely loved the world he created and I can’t wait to see what he’ll come up with next.
6. Eloisa James– I’ve read all her books. I can’t get enough of the fairy tale series she’s been working on.
7. Suzanne Enoch– She writes REALLY trashy romance novels. I adore them.
8. Lisa Kleypas– Whether she’s writing regency era or contemporary, I really love the characters she creates.
9. Mercedes Lackey– She’s written so many different books and has created so many different worlds. I loved Valdemar, the Five Hundred Kingdoms, the Dragon Jousters, and the world from the obsidian trilogy to name a few.
10. Alex Flinn– She writes the best fairy tale adaptations I’ve ever read. I love all of them.
Have a happy Tuesday. 🙂